Full cv available here.
- 2011 – 2016, Ph.D., Department of Botany (focus on Quantitative Ecology), University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 2013 – 2016, M.S., Biometry, Department of Statistics, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 2008 – 2011, M.S., School of Life Science, Sun Yat-sen University, China.
- 2004 – 2008, B.A., School of Life Science, Yunnan University, China.
- Daijiang Li, Timothée Poisot, Donald Waller, and Benjamin Baiser. 2018. Homogenization of species composition and species association networks are decoupled. bioRxiv.
- Daijiang Li, William B. Monahan, and Benjamin Baiser. 2018. Species richness and phylogenetic diversity of native and non-native species respond differently to area and environmental factors. Diversity and Distributions. In press.
- Emily Sessa, Sally Chambers, Daijiang Li, Lauren Trotta, Lorena Endara, Gordon Burleigh, and Benjamin Baiser. 2018. Community assembly of the ferns of Florida. American Journal of Botany. In press.
- Michael P. Perring, ..., Daijiang Li, ..., Kris Verheyen. 2018. Environmental change effects on plant community trajectories depend upon management legacies. Global Change Biology. 24:1722–1740.
- Daijiang Li, Julie L. Lockwood, and Benjamin Baiser. Taxonomic and phylogenetic homogenization across US national parks - The role of non-native species. Book chapter in From Biocultural Homogenization to Biocultural Conservation. Edit by Rozzi et al. In press.
- Daijiang Li and Anthony R. Ives. 2017. The statistical need to include phylogeny in trait-based analyses of community composition. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. 8: 1192–1199.
- Daijiang Li and Donald Waller. 2017. Fire exclusion and climate change interact to affect long-term changes in the functional composition of plant communities. Diversity and Distributions. 23: 496-506.
- Daijiang Li, Anthony R. Ives, and Donald Waller. 2017. Can functional traits account for phylogenetic signal in community composition? New Phytologist. 214: 607-618.
- Kris Verheyen, Pieter De Frenne, ..., Daijiang Li, ..., Markus Bernhardt-Romermann. 2017. Combining biodiversity resurveys across regions to advance global change research. Bioscience. 67: 73-83.
- Daijiang Li and Donald Waller. 2016. Long-term shifts in the patterns and underlying processes of plant associations in Wisconsin forests. Global Ecology and Biogeography. 25: 516–526.
- Daijiang Li and Donald Waller. 2015. Drivers of observed biotic homogenization in pine barrens of central Wisconsin. Ecology. 96:1030–1041
Media coverage: University of Wisconsin-Madison News; also printed in Science daily, Science blog, etc.
- Daijiang Li, Shaolin Peng, Baoming Chen. (2013). The effects of leaf litter evenness on decomposition depend on which plant functional group is dominant. Plant and Soil. 365:1-2, 255-266.
- Baoming Chen, Shaolin Peng, Carla M. D'Antonio, Daijiang Li, Wentao Ren. (2013). Non-Addiitive Effects on Decomposition from Mixing Litter of the Invasive Mikania micrantha H.B.K. with Native Plants. PLoS ONE. 8(6): e66289.
- Bosun Wang, Shaolin Peng, Daijiang Li, Ting Zhou. (2009). Research progress on Merremia boisiana. Chinese Journal of Ecology. 28 (11), 2360-2365
Selected Awards and Grants
- 2016, Ton Damman Award for Best Oral Presentation, Ecological Society of America Vegetation Section
- 2015, Early Career Centennial Mentoring Program (10 early career ecologists total), Ecological Society of America
- 2015, Student Conference Presentation Grant, $600. Graduate school, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- 2015, The Raper Conference Travel Support , $400. Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2014, The Flora Aeterna Research Grant, $1,500. Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2013, The Flora Aeterna Research Grant, $5,000. Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 2012, Davis Research Grant, $1,500. Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Professional Service and Outreach
- Manuscript reviewer for (certified review record):
- Ecological Applications
- Ecology Letters
- Global Ecology and Biogeography
- Journal of Applied Ecology
- Journal of Ecology
- Nature Scientific Reports
- New Phytologist
- Plos One
- 2014, Darwin day volunteer, UW-Madison.
- 2013 ~ 2014. Biology Colloquium Committee, Botany department, UW-Madison.
- 2013 ~ 2014. Graduate student Committee, Botany department, UW-Madison.
- 2012 ~ 2013. Department Technical Committee, Botany department, UW-Madison.